You have downloaded or created your own Group Policy Administrative Templates, and would like them to be stored centrally, opposed to individually on each Domain Controller.
Here’s how to create a Group Policy Central Store:
- Open Group Policy Management.
- Right-click on the Default Domain Controllers Policy under Group Policy Objects, and view the Settings Tab.
- Notice Policy definitions (ADMX files) retrieved from the local machine is displayed under Administrative Templates:
- Copy the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder to the C:\Windows\SYSVOL\domain\Policies folder:
- Now if we check the Default Domain Controller Policy Settings Tab, we can see Policy definitions (ADMX files) retrieved from the central store is displayed under Administrative Templates:
All current and future Group Policy Administrative Templates will now be kept in the Central Store.